Monday, May 3, 2010

Ivy Bakery Cupcake Eating Contest

I attempted to get out to Ivy Bakery's Cupcake Eating Contest. I really did. But the hour and a half commute turned into a two hour and a half commute, and by the time I got there the event was way over and the crowd had completely dispersed. Which was fine, I made the best of it, and got to visit another bakery not far from Ivy's (reviews for both bakeries coming within the week). I also got to explore the absolutely beautiful neighborhood of Bay Ridge (its not easy for me to fall in love with a neighborhood, but when it happens it hits like a ton of bricks). I even stumbled on a couple of garage sales and scored some cute shot glasses and coasters.

Anyway, here is some actual coverage of the event from Cupcakes Take the Cake.

And sorry for taking the entire last week off. I'm back now, and re-immersing myself into sugar culture ;)

Here are some pictures of beautiful Bay Ridge Brooklyn.


























































No comments:

Post a Comment