Monday, December 21, 2009

Jen's Rockaway Cookie Recipe

Rockaways: Where Sweet Meets the Pavement! (makes about 70 cookies)
by Jen Wanous for the 2009 Cookie Takedown
jjwanous@yahoo.com

1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup cane sugar
2 sticks of butter
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cups non fat dry milk
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup butterscotch or peanut butter chips
1/2 cup chopped stick pretzels
1/2 cup tiny marshmallows

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Cream together the butter & sugars. Add eggs & vanilla. Mix in the flour, salt, milk, baking powder and baking soda. Add chocolate chips, butterscotch/peanut butter chips, marshmallows and pretzels. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for supporting the Cookie Takedown.

    I think the whoopie pie your photo may be mis-identified. Is there a way to e-contact you offline?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for misidentifying the cookie! I did the best I could to keep track of all of um, do you know which cookie that one really was?

    You can email me if you like: sweetfixnyc@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you posted my recipe! Such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for making them, I had a blast that day! If they do it again next year I'm going to try and bring in my sugar cookies :)

    ReplyDelete