Monday, December 14, 2009

Holiday Party at Stuffed Artisan Cannolis

Stuffed Artisan Cannolis
176 Stanton St.
(212) 995-2266

Items ordered: eggnogg mini cannoli, gingerbread mini cannoli, pistachio mini cannoli.

Cost: $5

Overall rating out of five:



Flavored cannolis seem like an idea that could have caught on sooner. Thursday was Stuffed Artisan Cannolis holiday party, it was the perfect opportunity to try them out. I showed up half an hour after it started and the place was fairly quiet. $5 get you three mini cannolis, $2 gets you one, and a dozen costs $18. Full sizes cannolis are available too, though I only saw a couple of varieties on display.

The staff was very welcoming. Me and a friend sat down at a table and we were given some free eggnog and brandy that was delicious, it ended up working really well with the cannolis.

The pistachio was my favorite, it had a subtle flavor that could have been even stronger. The ends are sprinkled with crushed pistachios.
The gingerbread was good but not great, I tasted more of the spices that go into gingerbread rather than the flavor of gingerbread itself.
Last came the eggnog cannoli. I didn't like its sour flavor, but I also might not be a fan of things eggnog flavored.

The place is charming and has a lot of potential, I'll definitely be making return visits.


My friends order from left to right: gingerbread, birthday cake, and chocolate (she said it was more sweet than bitter, and very rich).



Related posts: Holiday Party at Stuffed Artisan Cannolis Tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment