Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Snack Review: Welch's Fruit Snacks


Welch's Fruit Snacks

Cost: 75cents - $2.00










Rating out of 5:





They are fat free. They have real fruit in them. But they are gummies, and they are delicious, and one of my favorite things.

My roommate says they taste just like 'regular' gummies, but I think he's crazy. They have this light sweet coating that other gummies just don't have. Plus a shitton of vitamins.

They come in the following flavors: Mixed Fruit (my favorite), White Grape Peach, Strawberry, White Grape Raspberry, Concord Grape, Fruit Punch, and Berries ‘N Cherries. The last two flavors are terrible but all the others are winners.

The only issue I have is that they are impossible to find, and when you do find them they are in the most random locations. Blockbuster, a general store in Bayside, a general store by St. Johns, the gift shop at Cornell Presbyterian on York. It just doesn't make sense. You can find small boxes that contain teensy bags at some supermarkets, but its usually not worth the money. I used to order them in bulk online, till they were back ordered for months and months. Its ridiculous how hard these things are to find!





From the Mixed Fruit bag: Peaches, strawberries, grapes, oranges and some other variety of red berry ;)








Update: Dan does these gummies justice- read about how they transport him to a lavish place full of sensual women and tigers!

3 comments:

  1. nice post--good review! i quoted your post in my blog. keep up the good work.
    -dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems this was posted a long time ago, but I just had some and they are fantastic! They have them at Target. You can buy a 10 pack box or a 24 pack box. They are quite inexpensive too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't they Ben? They make me so happy :) I actually moved last year and discovered the general store around the corner from me sells them for a sweet price!

    ReplyDelete