Friday, November 13, 2009

Review: Riesterer Bakery's linzer tart

Riesterer's Bakery
282 Hempstead Ave
West Hempstead, NY 11552
(516) 481-7636
-&-
96 7th St
Garden City, NY 11530
(516) 741-0030

Items: linzer tart

Overall rating out of 5:



I stopped by my neighbors house earlier in the week, and his girlfriend offered me a linzer tart! Free pastry? You don't have to ask me twice. I'm not crazy about jam though, so I had never tried a linzer tart.

The tart was very fresh, and thoroughly covered with confectioners (powdered) sugar. There was too much jam for my taste, and it was too bitter for me to really enjoy, though I think the bitterness would be a good balance to the intense sweetness for most people. I enjoyed what I insisted on calling 'the cookie part' so much that I just scraped off a lot of the jam with a knife, leaving a fine layer behind. Once I did that I thought the taste was perfect. Sophisticated I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment